Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Neal Baronian

Neal Baronian. 12th Grade


When I was down at the morgue in California, we had one case come in. It was the last case I worked on. It was a man who had committed suicide with antifreeze. That case really was weird because in forensic medicine, you want to be able to back yourself off from the cases so you don’t get mentally or emotionally involved, but at the same time you have to be able to have a feel for the people. You can’t be just “oh, this is just a disease.” You have to realize this a person you're dealing with. This is a dead family member to somebody. The cadaver was somebody, but you still have to be able to desensitize. What was weird about that case was that the person committed suicide and shortly before coming into the morgue, I found out that one of my friends was brought into an institution because they had attempted suicide. It was good and bad because I heard about it just before I walked in. There was this very serene feeling in the morgue. It wasn’t eerie or even creepy. As weird as it sounds, I felt at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment